Advised on Sale of Majority Share of CompanyBusiness Services
Acquired Majority Share of Company
Based on generated revenues, Autotrans Group is the leading bus carrier in Croatia. With 70 years of tradition, Autotrans Group earned the leading position through a combination of organic growth and acquisitions. The Group consists of the following entities: Autotrans d.o.o., APP d.o.o., AK Karlovac d.o.o., Autotrans Lika d.o.o., Velebit Turist d.o.o., Croatia Lines d.o.o. and Pan Alpen Adria GmbH. The core activity of the Group is the provision of public transportation of passengers in road traffic. In addition, the Autotrans Group provides tourist services, and manages several bus stations in Croatia. Its wide network of subsidiaries extends from Istria, through the Kvarner Littoral, Gorski Kotar, the Adriatic islands, Slavonia, Lika and Dalmatia. In 2015, the Group generated revenues in the amount of EUR 48.2 million and EBITDA in the amount of EUR 6.6 million.
- Number 1 bus transportation provider in Croatia – with a wide network of more than 500 lines in domestic and international transport.
- Integrated business model which combines bus transportation (the core business activity), auxiliary activities such as operating repair work-shops, garages and parking lots, organizing of accommodation for the drivers, with other supporting activities such as operating bus terminals. Also, the Group has an integrated IT system that contributes to the efficiency of the business
- Financial stability and the potential for future synergies.
- Operational excellence and leadership in innovation on the Croatian market.
- A long tradition, top quality and reliability.
Arriva Group is owned by Deutsche Bahn, one of the world's leading groups in the field of transportation of passengers and freight and the supporting logistic services. Arriva Group is a leading pan-European provider of public transportation with more than 60,000 employees and operations across more than 14 European countries. Besides operating in bus transportation, Arriva runs a range of transport services including trains, coaches, waterbuses and airport-related transport services, and bus and coach distribution.
With its operations in Croatia, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Hungary, Italy, the Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Serbia, Slovenia, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden and the UK, Arriva provides more than 2.2 billion passenger journeys every year.
IMAP was the exclusive advisor to the owners of the Autotrans Group in the sale of a 78,34% share to the Arriva Group. After the acquisition, Arriva operates a fleet of 600 buses, transports around 11.5 million passengers a year and employs more than 1,400 people in Croatia. Additionally, the Arriva Group manages 27 bus stations/sales outlets, 12 repair work-shops across Croatia, and 15 tourist agencies with a wide network of partners in Croatia and abroad.